Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Job status: Full time, permanent
PacketFront Software is rapidly expanding in the Telco segment. We are making telecom operators more competitive with our solutions for end-to-end automation of network operations and service fulfilment. If you want to be part of a dynamic team building the new business, this could be your next challenge.
About PacketFront Software
PacketFront Software delivers automated multi-vendor network management since 2001 through its unique OSS system BECS. BECS provides zero touch configuration and automated service provisioning for any IP network hardware and topology and offers operators a seamless migration path from legacy networks to SDN and NFV. 100 operator customers in 23 countries have chosen BECS for efficient network operations.
At PacketFront Software, we know that the success of our company relies on our people who design, market, sell and support our automated solutions for broadband and data communication networks. As a member of the PacketFront Software R&D team, you will enjoy working with highly committed colleagues in a fast-paced business environment. Individual as well as team contributions are highly valued and expected from you.
PacketFront Software’s employment decisions are based on applicant’s experience, specialist skills and personality. Female applicants are encouraged. We have already gathered some of the very best system specialists, engineers, and salespeople in our business. Do you want to become part of our dynamic and inspiring team?
This position is a key role in the Stockholm R&D team to help us continuously improve our products, teams and increase the value delivered to our customers.
Based in the company offices in downtown Stockholm, Sweden, you will work in close cooperation with our R&D team in China as well as with our Professional Services and Sales teams in Stockholm.
For this position, we would like you to meet most of the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or similar
- 3 or more years of experience from a similar professional role
- Programming experience, for example in C, Shell, Tcl, Perl, Python
- Experience from agile development environments
- Knowledge about broadband/datacom topologies, technologies and Switching/Routing (e.g., Residential- and Business Ethernet, MPLS, Data Center, PON, xDSL)
- Experience with Git and Gerrit
- Experience from working with distributed teams
If you know about these things, it’s even better:
- OSS/BSS systems in the telecom/datacom industry, particularly service provisioning and management
- Systems Integration
- You are already a resident of Sweden
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- You have a structured approach to your work
- You are good at communicating with your colleagues
- You are not afraid to ask for help
- You are eager to learn and ready to share your knowledge within the team
- You have a willingness to help out wherever needed to make your team and the company succeed.
- Help drive the agile SW development of the OSS application BECS including
- Requirements analysis, definition and estimation
- Design and implementation
- Test, documentation and delivery
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our working methods, products, tools and frame works
- Participate in feature definition and design activities
- Take an active part in the daily work to help the team succeed
- Support our customers as well as our internal Professional Services and Sales teams
What is in it for you?
- We are embarking on a new journey and you have a chance to join us
- You get to work in a great, small company where everybody knows each other
- We have great team members eager to help you get on board
- You get to work with the complete product, building your expertise and have a chance to put your mark on the product
- The team is great, help is never far away
- We value a work-life balance
Please send your CV and an introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this position we are not considering consultants or the help of recruiting companies. For more information about the position, reach out to Jonas Ohlsson (our CTO and your future manager) on the above email and he’ll get back to you.