The latest BECS release is now available for existing customers at www.pfsw.com/support.
@focus in this release is usability and performance. The main features include:
On-demand initial parsing
- Adding flexibility regarding when in time the initial parsing exercise is carried out after an element manager connects to the element
Dedicated GDR connections
- Some connections between the Element Manager and the element will be dedicated to fetching troubleshooting info, so that this info can be obtained quicker if the element manager is busy configuring the element.
Visualize Element Config Mode
- The element configuration mode, i.e. read-only, full-control etc, is illustrated by a badge on the element icon in the topology view making it easier to determine which elements are currently controlled by BECS.
Improved Element State Display
- Specific indication in the BECS GUI that an element is in the state of initial parsing.
•Introducing object states, which makes it easier to get an overview of the system health. For example, it is easy to see which objects are currently in an erroneous state, and which ones have been recently resolved.
The latest BBE release is now available for existing customers at www.pfsw.com/support.
Major changes in the release:
- Java application uses WildFly instead of GlassFish
- Improvements to inventory and subscription management
- Improvements to trouble shooting of GPON customers
- Improvements to report management
PacketFront Software, a leading network orchestration solution provider, announced today that Gamma Communications PLC (LSE:GAMA), a leading UK communications provider, has selected PacketFront Software’s BECS network orchestrator to automate Gamma’s multi-vendor connectivity network.
“We are known in the market for the quality and reliability of the services we provide. We came to see during the evaluation of the BECS platform that it provides us with automation tools that serve our customer needs with great speed and precision” says Tony McKenzie, Head of Architecture Gamma.
“We are proud that Gamma have selected BECS after a thorough technical evaluation. This demonstrates once again, the unique values we can bring to operators wanting to streamline operations.
This agreement also demonstrates that the UK is becoming one of our key markets and we predict continuous growth in the UK marketplace, not only in the segment of communications operators, such as Gamma, but also within a very dynamic FTTH space”, says Jan Kettnaker, CEO PacketFront Software.
It’s soon time for the yearly FTTH Council event again. Meet us 21-23 of April in Berlin and discover the latest news about PacketFront network automation.
Find more information about the event at: http://www.ftthconference.eu/