Title: Support Engineer, R&D Organization
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Job status: Full time, permanent
PacketFront Software is rapidly expanding in the Telco segment. We are making telecom operators more competitive with our solutions for end-to-end automation of network operations and service fulfilment. If you want to be part of a dynamic team building the new business, this could be your next challenge.
About PacketFront Software
PacketFront Software delivers automated multi-vendor network management since 2001 through its unique OSS system BECS. BECS provides zero touch configuration and automated service provisioning for any IP network hardware and topology and offers operators a seamless migration path from legacy networks to SDN and NFV. 100 operator customers in 23 countries have chosen BECS for efficient network operations.
At PacketFront Software, we know that the success of our company relies on our people who design, market, sell and support our automated solutions for broadband and data communication networks. As a member of the PacketFront Software Solutions team, you will enjoy working with highly committed colleagues in a fast-paced business environment. Individual as well as team contributions are highly valued and expected from you.
PacketFront Software’s employment decisions are based on applicant’s experience, specialist skills and personality. Female applicants are encouraged. We have already gathered some of the very best system specialists, engineers, and sales people in our business. Do you want to become part of a dynamic and inspiring team?
As a Support Engineer at PacketFront Software you will support our business by handling incoming support cases for our products. Your main responsibility is to assess the severity and nature of incoming customer support cases, do initial mitigation analyses and attach prioritization levels to them.
You will work closely with PacketFront Software’s customers, that are located all over the world, as well as with the company’s R&D organizations in Stockholm and China.
The role is based at the head office in central Stockholm, Sweden. Occasionally, travelling to customer sites for project deliveries will be required.
We require that you have an edge and outstanding knowledge within one or several of following areas:
- Broadband/datacom topologies, technologies and Switching/Routing (e.g., Residential- and Business Ethernet, MPLS, Data Center, PON, xDSL)
- Scripting (Shell, TCL, Perl, etc.)
- Structured work methodology
- “Can Do” personality with a strong urge to close action points
Experience within the following areas is of additional merit:
- Prior experience from support engineering and support tools
- Experience of OSS/BSS systems in the telecom/datacom industry
- Knowledge of databases desired (e.g. PostgreSQL, Git)
- Experience of issue tracking systems (e.g. Jira, OTRS)
- You must already be a resident in Sweden, however Swedish is not a requirement
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and in writing
- Quick learner with a structured approach
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- You are service-minded and deliver according to commitments made
- Team player that also can work independently
- Handle incoming customer support cases and feature requests
- Reproduce support cases
- Perform initial root cause analyses
- Continuously inform customers on the status of the support cases
- Work closely with development engineers regarding case resolution
- Assist customers with network upgrades
Please send your CV and an introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the position, call Andreas Persson, +46 73 383 40 07