Title: Senior Software Development Engineer, R&D Organization
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Job status: Full time, permanent
PacketFront Software is continuing its expansion. We are making operators more competitive with our solutions for end-to-end automation of network operations and service fulfilment. If you want to be part of a dynamic team building the new business, this could very well be your next challenge.
About PacketFront Software
PacketFront Software delivers automated multi-vendor network management since 2001 through its unique OSS system BECS. BECS provides zero touch configuration and automated service provisioning for any IP network hardware and topology and offers operators a seamless migration path from legacy networks to SDN and NFV. 100 operator customers in 23 countries have chosen BECS for efficient network operations.
At PacketFront Software, we know that the success of our company relies on our people who design, market, sell and support our automated solutions for broadband and data communication networks. As a member of the PacketFront Software R&D team, you will enjoy working with highly committed colleagues in a fast-paced business environment. Individual as well as team contributions are highly valued and expected from you.
PacketFront Software is bringing the OSS and BSS applications BECS and BBE to new markets. To reinforce our growth, we are now hiring a senior software developer to strengthen the R&D team. This position is a key role in the Stockholm R&D team to help us continuously improve our products, teams and increase the value delivered to our customers. Based in the company offices in downtown Stockholm, Sweden, you will work in close cooperation with our R&D team in China as well as with our Professional Services and Sales teams in Stockholm.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
- Help drive the SW-development of our OSS application BECS including
- Requirement analysis, definition, and estimation
- Security impact analysis
- Design and implementation
- Testing, documentation and delivery
- Maintenance of the product
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our working methods, products, tools and frame works
- Work closely with the Product Owner
- Take a lead in requirement analysis, feature definition and design activities
- Take an active part in the daily work to help the team succeed
- Support our internal Professional Services and Sales teams
- Interact directly with our customers in support cases when needed
For this position, we would like you to meet some of the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience from a similar professional role
- Programming experience in, for example, C, Shell, Tcl, Perl, Python
- Experience from working with Linux, Docker, Git and Gerrit
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (or similar)
- Experience from working with distributed teams
- Knowledge about broadband/datacom topologies, technologies and Switching/Routing, Ethernet, PON
- Experience from agile development
- OSS/BSS systems in the telecom/datacom industry, particularly service provisioning and management
- Systems Integration experience
- You are already a resident in Sweden
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
- You are eager to learn and ready to share your knowledge within the team
- You have a willingness to help out wherever needed to make your team and the company succeed
- You are not afraid to ask for help
What is in it for you?
- We are embarking on a new journey growing the company, and you have a chance to join us
- You get to work in a great, small company where everybody knows each other
- We have great team members eager to help you get on board
- You get to work with the complete product, building your expertise and have a chance to put your mark on the product
- The team is great, help is never far away
- We value a work-life balance
PacketFront Software employment decisions are based on applicant’s experience, specialist skills and personality. Female applicants are encouraged. We have already gathered some of the very best system specialists, engineers, and salespeople in our business. Do you want to become part of our dynamic and inspiring team?
Send your application or questions to email@example.com. Selection and interviews are ongoing.